On Tuesday, Lobe Sciences Ltd. (OTCPink: GTSIF) closed up 45.38 percent at $0.0535. It has been trading between $0.0569 and $0.0371 during the day. The GTSIF stock dropped -7.76% in the last month, with an average volume of over 309,68K shares. Three-month performance shows GTSIF stock falling over -40.02% while average volume was 254.44K. In the last 12 months, GTSIF stock has fallen over -0.72% with a high of $0.2200 and a market cap of $12.02M. In the wake of the announcement of interim data from its preclinical research studies, GTSIF stock rose.
What was the purpose of GTSIF’s study?
Life sciences company Lobe Sciences specializes in psychedelic medicines. In collaboration with leading industry partners, GTSIF is developing psychedelic compounds for drug research and development, and developing innovative devices and delivery mechanisms to improve mental health and wellness.
The preclinical research results were announced yesterday by Lobe Sciences, using psilocybin plus N-Acetylcysteine (“NAC”) to treat post-traumatic stress disorder (“PTSD”) in a rodent model. Under the direction of Michael E. Hoffer, M.D., professor of otolaryngology and neurological surgery, the study is being conducted in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and physicians at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
- The combination of psilocybin and NAC showed statistically significant improvements over the treatment with psilocybin, NAC, or a placebo.
- Using these two active therapeutic is better than either placebo or single drug therapy in this model of traumatic brain injury and posttraumatic stress disorder.
- These data validate GTSIF’s therapeutic hypothesis.
- In addition, the data supports GTSIF’s IP in the rapidly evolving psychedelic therapeutics market and enables GTSIF to expand the leadership position in the field.
- While North America is seriously short of psilocybin, the Miami team was able to produce these data.
- However, the shortage has affected the timing of the next planned study.
- As a result of this supply shortage, GTSIF is working to identify a manufacturer that will provide psilocybin cGMP in high purity to the University of Miami to allow it to continue the final studies.
- A human phase 1 trial of NAC for acute mTBI, where individuals had a history of experiencing such symptoms, remains the only one that has been successfully completed.
- Psychedelic medicine and NAC, in particular, have made significant progress in Hoffer’s research as they pertain to mTBI and PTSD.
Results And Methodology Of Trials:
Rodent models have been instrumental to uncovering normal and pathological processes associated with memory and learning. The combination of psilocybin and NAC significantly boosted the behavior of rodents in a study by Lobe Sciences (GTSIF). The GTSIF reported that those treated with single psilocybin administration and NAC or placebo did better.